Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's Friiiiiiiday!

In class with my 4 normal acad Lit class. They've really grown on me. I enjoy myself when I'm in class with them. Despite being weaker in their language, I think they try hard.

That's the thing with me. I don't particularly admire intelligent kids. I mean, it's great if they are but what's more important to me is that they try hard and make progress; in their lives and their studies. I like teaching the hardworking "Ah Beng", "AhLian", "Minah" and "Mat". Is it because I understand them because I was like them as a teenager? Haha!

I remembered the teachers I had when I was in secondary school. Straight-laced disciplinarian who didn't bother listening to my version of any story. The angrier they became, the more satisfied I was. Wicked but true. That's why today, I try to listen to these students. No, I don't let them step on my head. While they know they can joke around with me, they also know how far they can go. It's a win-win situation.

Gone are the days that I would lose my temper in class. No more shouting, screaming or tears (God forbid). Now I simply let them choose. I usually give them an option. Do my work (like everyone else) and I pretty much leave you alone or don't do it and I'm pretty much after you. It's common sense. Why get all hot and bothered and screaming like a banshee (that's just so un-glam).

Anyway. I'm going to this Learning Journey today to some Touch Centre. It's like a centre to treat gaming addicts la. Like for real. I don't really wanna go. I can think of 101 better things I can do instead but like many things in life, I don not have a choice.

Weekend coming up. An's pretty excited. Eversince he's been attending school, he cherishes his weekend with an urgent fervour. We try to cram in as many activities as we can in those two days and while it's fun, it's exhausting! I was just telling Roshan how I need a holiday. Urgh! Nope, no holiday anywhere in the near future. Sux.

Gonna send out the invitations to Ayra's party out soon. We're inviting people we've never invited before. Like Fiza says, Ayra should be grateful for all the effort me and the other family members are putting in. Everyone is chipping in. It's like we're preparing for a wedding! Haha! It's all in good fun though so it's good.

Fuddin has a toothache; which reminds me that I need to call the National Dental Centre to set an appointment for him. Okay chiao... write soon.

Oh wait. Here are some zoo pics which I "borrowed" from my sister's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment