Tuesday, February 24, 2009

An Excellent Birthday Gift

Midweek. Wednesday. Why the mid week post? Coz I'm tired (of work) and I need a pick me up. My student Mirza says I'm always complaining about work. Well, I'm sorry...I'm just so tired all the time. Okay, I'll stop whining for now...

Yesterday, an idea just hit me. Ayra has been such an industrious little artist lately. She never fails to meet me at the door with a drawing or a card which is really sweet. I usually just put it in a file in my room. Last night, however, I decided that An and I will make a collage of her finest artwork and frame it up and present it to her as a birthday present! Cool huh? The trouble is we have to hide it from her and she's always poking her nose in our room so it's gonna be tough. It'll be worth it though.

I'm reaching home late everyday coz I have to conduct orals and on Friday, it's the Sec 3s parent-teacher's meeting so I'll only be home after 9. Bummer. I never used to cherish my weekends so much coz when an worked shifts, we can still go dating, run errands etc like during weekday afternoons. Now, all we're left with is a few hours with the kids in the evening and that's it. Sad. So we try and make up for our lack of presence during the weekends and we also try to fit in some couple time which leaves us, haha, pretty much exhausted. Tonight however, An is bringing us out for dinner. Nothing fancy (maybe just pizza) but it breaks the mundane weekdays routine.

Yeah, I've come to realize, it's the little things in life that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment