Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Talking About My Girl

Yes, I have no lessons today.  It's supposed to be every Thursday but there's a timetable swop so this week, today's my free day.  I mean, I'm not really free as there's always tons to do but at least I get to clear some stuff as I have no lessons to go to... and I get to (finally) blog!  Tommorrow is a killer day though but let's not talk about that now, shall we?

Anyway, I went to meet Ayra's teachers on Monday.  As usual, her very sweet and easy going form teacher, Miss Elan, was full of praises for my girl.  She's now a group leader.  On the whole, I am encouraged.  Keep going, Baby. Ibu and Abah are proud of you.

Her language teacher, however, was not as nice.  She was overly stern (with me?!) and gave me a very disapproving look when I told her that we are a mainly English speaking family.  I told her that Ayra does speak Malay with her grandparents and we do make an effort to read Malay books and do assessments exercises.  I mean, the girl is trying her best and she did get highest for her mini Malay test (19/20) so what is the problem here?  I don't want to dwell on this as I don't want to come across as a typical defensive parent but I think I have a point of contention here.

Anyway, here's her Term 1 results.  We are on our way to getting a Band 1 for all her subjects again, no?  Well, I'll do my darnest to make sure of that :)



 Her birthday is coming up on Saturday.  We have everything planned.  We're going to the Night Safari!   I actually feel quite excited about that (yes, pretty pathetic I know).  I can't believe she's already 8 years old.  It only seems like yesterday that she was still an infant, crying her lungs out whenever she was put down and not cuddled to sleep!  Haha.  Those were tiring days.

Now, she's not as spoilt.  She's still very "manja" (affectionate) and demands kisses and hugs ever so often.  She still tries to worm her way into our bed every other night.  She still insists that we "talk talk" for at least 10 minutes before bedtime.  In other words, she's still  very much a baby; our baby and she will always remain so.

She's also slowly but surely becoming a better elder sis. She doesn't scream as much at Fuddin and during her English show and tell, she brought a photo of Fuddin to class and told everyone about how her brother is a special child and that she loves him very much.  There was a time when I thought she would never understand his condition but now, after talking to her about it and getting her to read books on autism, she seems to have accepted the fact that her brother is indeed different but nonetheless just as or even more special than most other children.

Here's a video of her engaging Fuddin in their all time favorite catching game.

"http://www.youtube.com/embed/KnfBEnrV7Rk"

Cute huh?



Anyway, if you are reading this Ayra, Ibu wants to tell you that "I LOVE YOU" and that Ibu owes you a hundred million kisses!  Muacks!  Happy 8th Birthday, Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment