Sunday, October 12, 2008

Another Raya Weekend

Another Raya weekend. I hope it's the last. I know of some people who are really hard core about visiting friends and relatives during the whole of this festive period but I'm not like that. Neither is my family. We only do the basics and when we're still visiting the second week of raya, it really is quite a big deal.

So on Saturday, Ayra skipped religious classes coz her cough was acting up so we brought her to the doc's instead. In the afternoon, Marissa and her mom finally came over! Ayra was really excited and promptly brought her bestie to her room.



Then on Sunday, Auntie Rozie came over for Fuddin's class. He seems to be warming up to her so I'm really glad.

Then we had to get ready to go visit Baby Eryna! Yes, the new addition to the Chik's family. She's as cute as a button! So cute that even my mom says she doesn't mind if I have another baby provided it's a girl. I simply snorted and said "Never again." Haha. For sure. I love babies but to have 3 children when I can't even handle 2 is one IMPOSSIBLE feat.



Then we were off to my sister's place. Although my sis is like me and can't really cook (especially traditional dishes), she had whipped out a very tasty meal of fried rice, chicken wings, garlic bread, samosas and my mom's favorite, cheng teng! I think I ate too much which is why I'm never eating again (haha) but it was a good lunch. Her usually spotless place was turned into a disaster area in no time at all, complete with screaming children ranging from about to to 14! I also met Baby the cat (our ancient 18 year old cat) who seems considerably older and thinner this time round. He's still cute though. Then in the evening, we made our way to Kak Tijah's house as Ayra demanded to see her favorite kakak. Fuddin was kicking up a fuss by then so he stayed home with my mom and dad. By the time it was all over, it was 10pm and I heaved a sigh of relief as I plonked myself in bed and had my well deserved rest.



So today is Monday. The graduating classes are back so I actually have to go to class to teach! Like why do they come back? Seriously, I don't understand. There's really nothing much the teachers can do in 3 days. Stay home and mug!

Alright, I'm off. Here's a pic of my two favorite boys to cheer myself up before I go to class.



Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment