Sunday, October 5, 2008

Aidilfitri 08

Ok here goes; my all-in-one entry for Aidilfitri.

I won't bore everyone (and myself) with the details so I'll let the photos do most of the talking yah?

Ok bright and early, before we went over to my mom in law's place, I thought we would take a nice family photo. Easy right? Haha. So wrong.



As you can see, Fuddin had other ideas. Finally, after 4 botched attempts, we managed a fairly decent looking one. Hooray!



Off we were to Nenek Cik's house where An's side of the family gathered. This year, the kids are in the middle of exams so the celebrations were kept low key. They couldn't even come over for the customary dinner we whip up for them every Aidilfitri. I took some pics which were badly taken coz there was no flash so sadly, this is all I've got.



Anyway, I must mention here that my sister in law, Lin, is about to pop any moment now. It's so exciting. I do wish her all the best but she's a brave girl. She'll be fine.

Then we went back home coz Fuddin was grouchy as he had been up since 4am that morning. So he took a short nap (so did his father). when my siblings came over with their families, it was a
riot (in a good sort of way of coz).



Then we were off to Pak Long and Mak Anjang's house. It was good seeing them after so long but Fuddin was really acting up so we stripped him to singlets and shorts but he was still unhappy so we didn't stay too long.



We got home pretty early so An took yet another nap as he had the sniffles while I took care of the kids and folded clothes! Haha. How glam! At 7 plus, we decided to pop by Kak Ruby's house but not to Kak Tijah's house as Anissa was sititng for her PSLE English paper on Friday.

And that was basically it. My uneventful Hari Raya. I am proud to say that I didn't cry (while seeking forgiveness) and smudge my mascara till the last moment... blame my sis in law... All in all, it was a not so tiring but meaningful Aidilfitri. I'm glad. Ok now for some other pics.

Here's the two loves of my life trying hard to get along and pose for the camera. Aren't they absolutely adorable? And then there's cheeky Yusuf posing pretty as well.



To finish off the first day events, here's me and my beloved. An has lost like tons of weight the last two months so he's not as camera shy now. Haha.



Then on Thursday, the second day of Aidilfitri my colleagues and I had a mini gathering at school.N othing fancy. We just pot lucked our Raya goodies and presto! A party was born. Of course, mini me didn't want to miss out on the action and since she had no school that day, she made an appearance.



Alright, almost done. Now I just wanna end off with a little self indulgence.

Compare specimen 1 and 2. Spot the similarities. LOL.



Ok Phew! Enough. I'm going back to the real world. See ya.

2 comments:

  1. Duh ... the similarity is soooo obvious. Same smile, same pose, same side view look. Yr daughter even poses like u! Guess who she learnt it frm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like mother,like daughter:)

    ReplyDelete