Sunday, April 29, 2007

Me, myself & I

Another "me" entry. I'm on a roll, aren't I? Anyway, my sis in law sent me an email saying I should do this so I thought, heck, why not? I've censored out some of the questions though because many of my students go to this blog and I don't want to reveal too much. I've also added some information which I thought were interesting. I've kept the essence of it though... so here it it. This one is for you Lin.

Favourite Colour: I’m well known for wearing black because everyone knows black is supposed to slim you down (duh) but can’t really say it’s my favorite colour… Red, I suppose.

Favourite Food: lasagna, spaghetti, mum’s lontong, (good) Indian food…the list goes on.

Favourite Movie: Tough one. I liked the last movie I saw; “300”. It was riveting till the very end. There was also a movie I was when I was 15. “Dangerous Liasons”. It was a period movie about the lives of royalty back then. Incredibly enlightening. Then there’s “Great Expectations”. I love the book so it was a great pleasure to see it on screen. It didn’t hurt that the two leads, Ethan Hawke and Gywenth Paltrow, are good lookers indeed.

Favourite Sport: It was hockey when I was younger. I dare say I was a pretty good player. Now I only watch sports. I watch a lot of Motor GP mainly because An’s crazy about Valentino Rossi.

Favourite Day Of The Week: Friday nights. I go to bed smiling as I know I don’t have to work for the next two days! Favourite Ice Cream: Chocolate chip… with lots of chips and chocolate. Fattening like hell…

Favourite TV Shows: I don’t watch much tv… the kids monopolize it but when I do get to watch it, I like to watch interesting documentaries, lifestyle and reality programmes. I love “Fear Factor” probably because I know I don’t have the guts to be one of the contestants.

Favorite Book: Memoirs of a Geisha Current Mood: Unsettled…the exam period is coming up and that equates to tons of marking. Sigh…

Current Taste: In what?

Clothes: I have my office wear… I try to look professional when I go to work but I’m really sloppy and casual when I’m not at work.

Music: I’m an evergreen girl. I like the music I listened to when I was younger: Greenday, DepecheMode, Jewel, etc. I also like some younger singers like Avril Lavigne, Busted, Gwen Stefanie, etc.

Current Desktop: At home, a Hari Raya pic of me, An and my two babies. On my school laptop, just the kids.

Current Toenail Color: I’m not into painting my nails, too much of a hassle. In any case, An doesn’t approve.

Current Annoyance: That my house is dirt filled, dusty and messy.

Current Thoughts: The school holidays… I need a break.

First Best Friend: Tanty Yushida from Kay Siang Primary School. We had a lovely childhood together.

First Crush: This guy from primary 4. His name is Hazreno. Asrina & Hazreno. That is like SOOO lame. Heehee. Tanty’s boyfriend was Hisham. All we ever did was to compete to see who could finish their work first. Haha. so much for romance.

First Movie: Believe it or not, it was some malay “pontianak” movie I saw with my family when I was about 5.. No wonder I’m afraid to watch horror movies now. I was scarred for life. Or was it Jaws? Whatever it was, it was a scary movie.

First Lie: Oh wow, ask my mother. I’m sure I was quite a fibber when I was a child.

First Music: Can’t remember. What I remember was listening to a lot of Madonna, Tears for Fears, Depeche Mode, Culture Club… all courtesy of my brother who was a music freak.

Last Drink: Ice Lemon Tea

Last Ride: With hubby; to work.

Last Phone Call: To hubby... who was at work last night.

Last CD Played: Don’t listen to CDs…althogh sometimes I do when I’m in the car. Listened to my MP3 on Saturday afternoon though and the last song was Avril Lavigne’s “I’m with you.”

Have you ever broken the law: Ya… but I won’t go into details… many impressionable young minds out there. It’s for me to know and everyone else to find out.

3 positive adjectives to describe myself: Creative, Independent, Affectionate

3 negative adjectives to describe myself: Obsessive, Stubborn, Procrastinator

My retirement plans:

1) To read all the books I want to read now but don’t have the time. Maybe I’ll write a book.
2) To have a small but well maintained (and clean) house with An… and have my two kids visit me once a week.
3) To be closer to God and to spend my last days with my family.

My motto in life: This life is the only one you’ll get… Live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment