Thursday, April 12, 2007

Count your Blessings...

Oh my...It's been such a hectic, draining, tiring week. To make it worse, it's only Thursday. I still have to run the concert on Saturday for Speech Day. To top it all off, my mid year exam papers are due, my sec 2 files are due for checking this term, my cheerleading team for Sports Day is in shambles...the list goes on.
Why am I whining? I'm not really sure myself. I suppose I just want to get things off my chest. I hardly see my family during weekdays and during weekends, I'm either sneaking off to the computer to do some work, desperately trying to mark a script or two or just too tired to enjoy the company of my loved ones.
Sometimes I wonder why I am still in this profession. It is a totally exhausting profession. Being a teacher drains you physically and mentally. You are expected to mould the future of the nation while your own life withers away. Sigh... such negativity.
It's not that I don't enjoy my work. There are times that I feel it is the best job I can ask for. I feel fulfilled and happy after a good lesson or when the students come up to me to thank me for teaching them well. I have great colleagues whom I can always count on and let's face it, the pay isn't too bad.
The point of all this? Nothing actually. I just need to stay positive, that's all. I used to think that "positive thinking" is a whole lot of crap but I've come to realize that it does help. I have to count my blessings and I do have many. My beautiful family, my great friends, my health, my good students, my working brain, my humour, my God...the list goes on.
So you see, there is a blessing to offset every bad thing that happens. There is a silver lining behind every dark cloud... or maybe all this rambling is a load of bullshit. Heehee.
Okay, I'm gonna stop. Work calls.
Ibu loves you, Ayra and Fuddin.

No comments:

Post a Comment