Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Optimism is a Fine Art...

Hmm, time for my weekly update. Sorry, no pics this time but this year I plan to utilize the $400 allowance given by MOE to buy a spanking, brand new camera so... I'll start taking more pics soon and put them all up to spice up my otherwise dead, dead blog.

Brought Ayra to the dentist yesterday. she had a root canal treatment coz it was either that or extraction. She opted for the former so I had to stand there for one and a half hour, holding her hand. Haha. Yeah... no kidding. Still, my girl was brave and didn't cry; not even when the doc injected her gums to numb the area. She was a perfect patient. So I hope from now on, it's the end of her teeth blues coz she's really suffered enough for those baby teeth of hers. Too bad she has to take after me (I don't have very healthy or nice teeth either) but I'm glad Fuddin takes after An who has straight, white and fairly health teeth. I cannot imagine Fuddin ever consenting to someone poking around in his mouth even for a minute, let alone one and a half hours! God is fair.

Anyway, it's a short working week and next week, it's only a 3 day working week. What can I say but woohoo?!!! I've been really good, teaching energetically in class and marking! Therefore, I think I deserve a short break. I wonder when my "positive thinking" streak is gonna wear off and I'll revert to my useless, loafer self.

Going to the zoo on 14th Feb. The school's sponspering us... it's like some Family Day thingy. Free tix so what the heck. I'm not sure how Fuddin is gonna be like but it's worth a try. Dad is coming along too. He claims he hasn't been to the zoo for years so to fulfil my role as a good, filial daughter, I'm bringing him along too. then in the evening, Roshan and I will probably sneak off for a little quiet time (It's V-Day after all). Nothing grand for sure but most prob just dinner followed by a walk at the park. Yeah, we're suckers for romance. Sick huh?

Ok what else? Nothing much really. Life's a real bore at times and when I'm in a real foul mood, it's really a pain. Still, everyday I force the optimist out of me. Only then do I see a semblance of light. Count your blessings people! Do't let the small things get you down. You only live once. Live it well.

And if you can't, just go suck a lollipop or something but don't rain on my parade, yeah?

I should be so lucky in Love

No comments:

Post a Comment