Thursday, January 29, 2009

No Public Holidays in Feb...Urggh!!!

And so the Chinese New Year break came and went. I really didn’t do much. On the eve of Chinese New Year, An and I went to the Old Woodlands checkpoint area to have dinner. We’re weird like that coz we enjoy going out when there’s hardly anyone around. We hate crowds which explains why we try to stay away from shopping malls on weekends. Other than that, we didn’t really do much. An had to work everyday except for the second day of CNY so we didn’t really managed

to do much.

No worries though. An’s course at the ITE starts on Monday which means that from now till 8 May, he’s working like normal working hours. It’s good because we have the weekends together but it’s also not good coz both of us work such odd hours that we’re able to shop, date, run errands during weekday afternoons. Now we just have to be content being like the other million office workers in Singapore who only venture out of their workplace and homes during weekends.

Well, that’s life. We’ll just have to adapt or not we’ll just be miserable.

I’m also upset that I did not manage to book a chalet to celebrate Ayra’s birthday party at. Then I found out that we parents are also not allowed to invite our child’s classmates to private parties. Duh?! Then who do we invite? It’s not as if 6 year olds have friends elsewhere. It’s really pretty dumb but I don’t have a say in it so I guess that’s that. So what am I to do? I guess just get a good spread, buy a piñata, organize some games, buy a really nice cake and invite her aunts, uncles and cousins around. Yep, same old sort of party. She seems cool with it though thank God.

As for my baby boy, we’re still waiting for the phone call from the school he’s enrolling in. No word just yet. We’re all hoping he’ll get enrolled in school soon so that he can mix around and learn new things but secretly, I know all of us, including my parents are really worried too. Worried that he cannot adjust, that he’ll be miserable or he’ll be deemed hopeless. Still, I know we have to be brave and push him towards the right direction, heck, any direction. I will not allow my son to rot at home forever eventhough it’s the “safe” thing to do.

Anyway, meeting in school today. I’m happy I’m still on top of my marking. I hope this good streak continues. I miss hubby. Haven’t seen him for more than a day. Oh well, we do have the weekend J

No comments:

Post a Comment