Sunday, November 2, 2008

MMI Concert 2008

Yup, the much anticipated day finally came. Ayra was clearly excited and raring to go. After putting on her costume and applying some light make up for her, we were off. We were a bit late and Ayra was really worried but it all turned out fine. By 2 pm, An and I were seated in our first row seats!

After the graduands received their scrolls, it was her turn! Ayra and her emcee partner started the ball rolling.



Ayra was clearly nervous but she pulled through and said her lines well. I was so proud of my little girl.

Then we watched the other performances by her peers. Those kids are really energetic, that's for sure.



Then it was Ayra's turn with the dance number "Kathala Kanalley". I thought the dance was really good and well choreographed although some might label me biased. (Hopefully I can get the video uploaded soon).

Soon it was over and it was time for the grand finale.



When it was all over, we had to brave the crowd in order to "collect" her. In the midst of the chaos, we managed to snap a photo of ayra with some of her classmates.



Then I realized that we hadn't taken a photo with my little superstar so we quickly posed by the car before we got in and zoomed off. Phew. such a mad rush to escape the crowd!



We went to Suntec and finally Ayra had a quiet moment to sit down and eat! I had brought along a change of clothes but Ayra was happy walking around in her costume so I thought if Ayra isn't bothered, why should I be? It was quite funny seeing people's eyes widen when they saw her and the way the looked at me, wondering why in the world I would dress my child up like that. Haha.



So that's it. Another year before the next and final MMI Concert. Till then, life returns to normal for the CCK MMI preschoolers.

No comments:

Post a Comment