Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hari Raya Descents on Us...

Okay, let me give everyone a warning though. This is going to be an extra long entry. Firstly because I haven't blogged for so long and secondly, I've got a lot to get off my chest.

Lets talk about the negative things first. The bad new... Ayra is sick! Two days before Ayra's long awaited day and my precious baby girl is sick. Her fever is still at 39 degree celsius plus and she threw up 3 times already. She's also got a blocked nose, a bad cough and a poor appetite. Sigh... The worst case scenario is that she doesn't get better by Saturday and horrors of horrors, Fuddin falls ill as well. That will mean staying at home the whole Hari Raya weekend. Yucks! Still, my fingers are crossed and all of us are praying hard that she gets well by then and Fuddin stays healthy.

Next, work sucks. Or rather, the people (some, not all) sucks. It seems my favorite line these past few days has been "I can't be F***ed". Why? Because that's the truth. I really can't be bothered. It has come to the point that I have nothing else to say but "I can't be F***ed". Sad? Pathetic? So unteacher like? Who the F*** cares?

Okay, now that's out of the way, let's focus on the positive. I haven't forgotten to count my blessings. Great friends, adorable children, helpful parents...the list goes on.

Anyway, me and my friends got into the spirit of Hari raya by baking Hari Raya cookies in the Home Econs kitchen la. Those of you who know me will gasp and say "You?! Bake?!" Haha. It's true! I even have photos to prove to those non believers.


Haha. not bad, huh?

As for the home, there's still so much to be done but I'm really too tired to do much. Who knows, I might be spurred on the stroke of midnight on Hari Raya Eve. Here's the preview pictures though. It doesn't look too good now but believe me, knowing my parents (clean freaks) and my hubby (interior decorater wannabe), my gut feeling tells me the house will look pretty good on the morning of the big day.


Now, updates on my two favorite people in the whole world! My babies. Ok, let's talk about Ayra. We bought her the toy guitar she asked for and she's been busy strumming it (will upload the video later). I wonder where her interest for the guitar stems from. Also, she's been progressing on her reading, spelling and writing. She did break down the other day though when I got mad at her for not being able to spell "violin". I should ease up, shouldn't I? Other than that, she's been her normal, talkative self, always eager to engage the old uncle (aka our block cleaner) in an intellectual conversation.

Then there's my "Little Dumpling" (as I so fondly refer to him now). Fuddin is still as cute (much to the delight of his legion of fans) but he has really developed a temper now. He pulls and shoves us around when he doesn't get what he wants. It's usually his crackers (haha). If you scrutinize the photographs, you will see him munching his much beloved wheel crackers intently in many of them. He's also lost weight. Can you believe that? I am proud to say that my dumpling is 20kg and not 21kg anymore. Haha. He has also grown taller and Ayra is only a head taller than him now. He looked really cute when I tried on his traditional baju kurung (complete with the "samping"). As soon as he had the baju kurung on, he ran to the front door, looking expectantly at us to put on his sandals. Hmm, like father, like son.

Ok, that's it. The next update will be my Hari Raya update. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment