Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Celebrating Aidilfitri


Ok, Hari Raya Aidilfitri came and went. While many other Muslims out there are still celebrating it (hard core), the tradition in our family is that it's pretty much over after 2 to 3 days.

Ayra's fever went away on the morning of Hari Raya (what a relief) but she had developed a bad cough and flu instead. She managed to pull through the day but she wasn't very well. Yet, she managed to pose quite nicely for all the photographs. Fuddin was in a slightly better mood than last year. He was actually quite sociable by his standards but when it came to posing for the camera, he just refused to keep still. Thus, that explains him squirming in most of the photographs. Still, it wasn't too bad on the whole. We met up, seeked forgiveness, ate good food and enjoyed each other's company.
Here's pics of the morning of Hari Raya. The house looks pretty good, doesn't it? I told you it'll be.


Then after An came back from his Hari Raya prayers, we went to his mom's place where the whole family gathered.


We went home at about noon. Then my sis and brother came over. They especially enjoyed the food mom prepared. Sometimes I worry about what will happen to our family once mom doesn't cook anymore. I CAN"T COOK! Anyway, let's not think about such unpleasant things. We decided to to take more photographs this year because last year, we didn't!

The we were off! We went to my Uncle's place and then to my Aunt's place at Woodlands. We came, we ate, we made a mess and we left. Haha. So typical. Fuddin was all right at first but he got sick of the hot and oversized "baju kurung" he was wearing so I decided to take off the shirt and "samping" and he was quite comfortable.


At night, An's family came over to eat but I was too dead tired to play photographer. They too, enjoyed the food and mom was pleased.

The next day, we went over to my sis and my brother's place. Ayra was eager to put on her pretty pink dress and I dressed my baby boy in his red, basketball get-up. Very un-Hari Raya like but my kids only have one suit of "baju kurung" each. Sad but true. We ate some more (can you believe it?) and basically just lazed around doing nothing.

On the 4th day of Hari Raya, I had to go back to work but Caroline and Hafizah came over to my place. We then brought my children to Fiza's place where dear Ayra and Fuddin were quite amazed to see a staircase in the house. Fuddin kept navigating himself up and down the stairs much to our horror but the boy was quite cool about it all, having total faith in his ability to balance himself.
Then at night, a neighbour "ambushed" our house which was understatedly, quite unexpected. Hmm, I won't say much but I've never been a friendly neighbour kind of person. While I welcome guests with open arms, I don't do the "I'll visit your place in return" kind of thing.
Oh, I almost forgot! We celebrated my darling husband's birthday on the 15th. It wasn't very grand or anything. We just had lunch at Secret Recipe at Vivo. We had the brownie as dessert to replace the customary cake. I've yet to get him a gift (I will soon). Anyway, Happy Birthday Honey! You know I loooove you!

No comments:

Post a Comment