Sunday, July 29, 2007

The way she was...

 

I came across some old photographs of Ayra and couldn't resist posting them. She looks so different now, doesn't she. She's lost all the baby fat (at 4!) and is so much "wiser" (aka talkative) now. I was watching her play with her "kakaks" the other day and realize she cam be pretty bossy! That's something I have to work on. As for her reading progress, sad to say, I've not made much progress the phonics way so I've resorted to cheating! For the past week, she's been memorizing a word a day and lo and behold, she's learnt (and remembered) how to spell all of these words. She can even spell "helicopter" now. Haha. Desperate measures call for equally desperate means and there's nothing more desperate than a "kiasu" mom.

I'm also getting some recommended vcds for Fuddin to work on his speech. Hopefully, he'll be babbling once we get through the series. I'm wondering how to get him to sit don and watch the whole vcd though. Will I have to resort to tying him up? Hmm, somehow I'm pretty sure my boy won't stand for that. We'll see.

Here's wishing me luck in my quest to mould little geniuses or at the very least, happy, healthy and reasonably smart kids.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment