Thursday, August 13, 2009

We're in!

We got in! Yup, my girl is going to De La Selle School next year. We survived the balloting. We were really nervous as there were only 104 vacancies and 160 or so applicants. An went to the school to witness the balloting and when the 90th number was chosen and Ayra’s name was still not on the list, he panicked. Thank God, Ayra’s number was chosen soon enough (number 93 if I’m not mistaken). Haha. Scary.



I really want Ayra to go to a good primary school. I feel that it will set a good foundation for her. I know an intelligent student can succeed anywhere but I’m determined to give her a good start. Being a teacher for almost 10 years, I know how much influence the school and its culture has on a child. Yes, I didn’t do any parent volunteering or what not to secure her a place in De La Selle so I’m really lucky to get her enrolled there.

National day long weekend. Didn’t really do much as An was working. Hung out with the kids and started my exercise regime. Hehe. Skipping. I did like a 1000 skips at once and my calves are still suffering the effects. I’m waddling around like a duck but I ain’t giving up. I will persevere.



Had a little party with my form class on Friday. It was a hoot. We played like kiddie games, complete with games like Musical Chairs and a Fashion Parade. We had so much fun. Maybe I’ll hire them for Ayra’s 7th birthday party. They can be the clowns who play games with the children. Maybe I can even award them CIP points for bringing joy and laughter to little children.





Anyway, I’m really excited to be going to my secondary school reunion dinner this Saturday. Haha. It’ll be a blast meeting my friends whom I haven’t met for ages. We’ve all grown up and have families of our own. From what I gather, some of us look totally different from what we looked like back then. Still, we’re essentially still the same (I think). Whatever it is, I plan to have a good time catching up with my friends.



As for my (not so little) “pudding” (aka Fuddin), he’s doing fine. Started my so called timetable with him last night. He was quite cooperative with the “blocks activity” so that was really cool. We had to switch off the television set though coz he’s so easily distracted.



Ok, gotta go. Remember, nothing is negative if you stay positive (yah right).

No comments:

Post a Comment