Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My 2 weeks away from work...

Ahhh....finally.... the very much overdue entry. Yes, it's been quite a while. I just came back from my two weels medical leave. Tonsilectomy. Yes, I am tonsils-less now. Haha. It was lasered off during day surgery at NUH. The morphine did wonders. The throat was really sore the first few days but I got through it coz I'm a sucker for pain. Now, I'm almost fully recoverd, just that my throat gets sore if I teach like for 4 straight periods (which I did today!) and I have yet to yawn properly coz it hurts if I do so. Other than that though, I'm coming along fine so for those who showed concern for me, thank you! It means a lot to me to get your well wishes.

So what did I do those 2 weeks at home? Well, I did do some work but apparently not enough. Most times though, I spent time with the kids and on the last day of leave, I got into a cleaning frenzy which is really weird coz I hardly cleaned the first 13 days. Anyway, An's almost done with painting Ayra's room. It's purple and lollipop pink. It's pretty cool. I'll put the pics up when it's done.

We also went to the dentist to get Ayra's teeth checked (yet again). We dropped by some health exhibition there. Ayra had a ball of a time running around and pretending to be a dentist! Haha. Cool.



We also dropped by Cheryl's birthday party. The kids went swimming at the chalet pool for a while and Ayra joined in the cake cutting while Fuddin basically just did his own thing (as usual).




That's pretty much it. Oh yah, we had our Drama SYF competition. The kids did well I think as it's only our first time participating. I'm confident of a bronze at least. The most important thing is that the kids had fun. I must thank Naz, Nat, Fiza and all those who pitched in and helped with preparation for the SYF competetionwhile I was on leave. Thanks Guys!



And yesterday, 3 of my sec 5Ruby (2008) girls came back to see me. They're really sweet and I miss them tremendously! I'm glad they're all pursuing a tertiary education and I'm sure they'll do their best and do well in life. Keep going Girls!



Ok, I've got to go. So much work to be done. I'm glad to be back at work coz now I'm occupied but I'm too occupied now! Haha. Humans...they're never satisfied. Ok, will write soon (I think so).

No comments:

Post a Comment