Sunday, September 16, 2007

Ramadan is Here


Yup, is that time of the year again. The month where Muslims must fast from dawn till dusk. We're into our 4th day and it seems okay so far. I had bad stomach cramps for the first 2 days but I suppose it's getting better. Anyway, I will persevere!
As for our preparations for Aidilfitri, it's been slow but steady. Dad has been a great help. He has finished painting the hall white. Ayra tried to help but we know how that turned out. We also planned to paint one of the walls red to match our new red carpet from Ikea. Me, being the ever helpful one, tried to paint the wall myself. The result? A badly patched wall which dad has to salvage. Urggh! I can't paint to save my life. What else? We also bought throw cushions (red and black) to go with the carpet. We are also buying new photo frames to put the childrens' photos. We're going to put up the blinking lights once the windows are cleaned. An is going to paint the tv room white and thought of painting Ayra's room white/pink as well. Hmm, sounds like a lot of work. We'll see how it goes. The "baju kurungs" (green) are ready. All the "kuihs" will be bought a week before time. I think I've covered it all. Mom is going to cook her oh-so-delicious spread on the eve of Aidilfitri. I can't wait! As for dear Fuddin, he really can't be bothered with all the work that's going on around him. He's just recovered from his fever so let's just hope he stays healthy. For now though, the fasting continues.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment