Tuesday, June 6, 2006

A trip down memory lane: Ayra

Today is Ayra's turn to be featured. It took me 19 hours of labour before Ayra was born. I eventually succumbed to the epidural but not before I experienced hours of pain. Still, she's worth every second. She was such a beautiful baby, demanding but being the first born, I didn't really mind. She's really quite precocious now and sometimes I worry about making the wrong move. What i mean is sometimes I'm afraid of teaching her the wrong things and how to handle her when she misbehaves. I suppose every parent has this problem. I'm still trying to find my parenting style. I mean I can be strict at times but I do not want her to be so afraid of me that she doesn't come to me when she's afraid, lonely or insecure. It is tough being a parent.

Anyway, we finally found a pre-school for her. Montessori @ Graceland. We must have checked out about ten places before we finally decided on this one. There were so many factors to consider and this place is the best of the lot. Ayra seems to like the place too. I do hope she not only learns but enjoy herself there too. I might enrol Fuddin there as well in 2 years time.

For now, Ayra is undergoing toilet training and experiencing withdrawal symptoms as we're weaning her off the bottle. Haha! Poor child. She's coping fine though. She now sips her milk and her juice from a cup that has a winding straw around it. Thank God for weird inventions!

No comments:

Post a Comment