Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Fragility of a little Heart

I must write about what happened last night. I and Ayra were going through the motion of preparing for bedtime. We we having our nightly talk when we started playing the kissing game. She would kiss my eyes, nose, cheek and mouth and I would do likewise. Anyway, she decided to bury her face in her pillow when it was my turn to kiss her lips. It was cute at first but i got kind of irritated soon enough. So I decided to play my own game and pretended to sulk. I got out of her bed and went to lie down on my own (which is just beside hers). All was quiet for about 10 minutes so I assumed she had fallen asleep and I was dozing off as well. Then I heard it. A quiet sobbing. It was heart wrenching for me to hear that. I jumped out of bed and consoled her. I said I was sorry and that I would not do it again which did not console her but made her howl instead. I had to reassure her again and again that I still love her and that Ibu was "naughty". She finally fell asleep at 11pm but woke up at 4am and told me to sleep beside her again.
Anyway, this incident has taught me a bit. Not to underestimate a child's understanding! I will be more sensitive to my childrens' feelings from now on.

3 comments:

  1. Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

    ReplyDelete