Monday, May 4, 2009

I Love Being a Mommy...Seriously...

Yup, the momentous moment has arrived. Fuddin is now a student. Hehe. Yup. His first day was last Thursday. It was more of an orientation actually. Me, Roshan and my Dad all accompanied our not so little Baby to school. I won’t give a blow by blow account of everything but June, his teacher, is really patient, kind and understanding. While he did wail a bit, he was alright most of the time. While I still have apprehensions, no doubt I know that attending school is good for Fuddin. Anyway, the latest news is Fuddin developed a wicked fever two days ago but we’re all hoping that he’ll be well enough to get on that school bus (first time ever!) and go to school tomorrow. It’s swimming day tomorrow and we’re all pretty excited! Although I can’t be there with him tomorrow, I am sure he’ll be fine. May my boy be happy always.

Anyway, I’ve finished marking my mid year exam papers. Woohoo. I must admit I’m super fast this time round. I really don’t know what came over me. It was like I was a crazed woman on a mission; a marking mission. Before I knew it, I was done. So there. I ain’t a skiver after all. I’m only one when I choose to do so. Geddit?

Roshan’s course ends this week. He’s a bit upset at how things are turning out. Well, I’m just gonna say good riddance. Seriously, it’s pretty painful for him to still be hitting the books at that age. Also, going back to shift means more rest for him, more “quiet” time for us and shift allowance…extra cash to help with the bills is always a blessing.

As for me, I’m still hanging on. Some days, I feel sane. Other days, I’m the long suffering insomniac (smirk). Still, the promise of the long break in June is nice.

Oh ya….Mother’s Day is this Sunday. Like I told Roshan, I wanted to bake cupcakes for me mom and mother in law but sadly, I DON”T KNOW HOW!!!!! Roshan says to heck it and try anyway. Errr…what if it’s a disaster? I dunno. Anyway, to all the mommies out there…especially to my sis, Linda and Kak Idah…Happy Mother’s Day! You guys and the millions of moms out there are super fantastic. I know the amount of time and effort we mommies put in to be the best mommies that we can

And to my mommy, although she may not read this….I love you. Despite our differences, I love you.

And to my babies, Mommy can only hope and pray to be the best mommy ever to you guys. I know sometimes I don’t do enough. I know I should be more patient, kind, understanding… I know I should buy you more stuff, bring you out more often, spend more time playing with you guys… and I will, my babies. I love you Ayra and Fuddin and while I suck at a lot of things, I don’t totally suck at being a Mommy because you guys have made it so easy to love, give and sacrifice. Muacks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment